Please Join Us in London
Please join us for a timely dual panel discussion on two significant developments in data protection regulation: the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) which will have far-reaching repercussions for companies operating in the U.S., and GDPR data breach notification requirements which have triggered more than 40,000 notifications to regulators over the last 8 months. These two topics — both of which impact companies in the UK — illustrate the interrelation of data protection regulation across the Atlantic.
Our global team of privacy and cybersecurity lawyers and experts will provide insights based on their deep experience dealing with GDPR compliance and managing global data breaches.
We are delighted to be joined by Yukiko Lorenzo, Senior Managing Privacy Counsel at Mastercard, who will give us her unique insight on how to build on GDPR compliance for CCPA.
Panel Session Topics
CCPA and GDPR features:
- Insight from a leading in-house lawyer on how to leverage GDPR compliance.
- An overview of the similarities and differences amongst the GDPR, CCPA and the UK Data Protection Act
- Best practices on how to build on your GDPR compliance program to prepare for the CCPA
Global Data Breaches features:
- Perspective from a cross-Atlantic team on GDPR data breach notification requirements
- How to get ready to respond to global data breaches.
- Practical tips on how to handle global data breaches when they happen.
For more information about privacy trends, please see the latest WSGR Data Advisor.